- Established in 2007, Modeshift is a not for profit membership organisation
- We support sustainable travel professionals and organisations from a range of areas to promote and grow levels of active and sustainable travel for businesses, education establishments and communities
- We do this by offering services and opportunities to share and recognise best practice
- We also provide a centre of excellence for Travel Planning and deliver the national Travel Plan accreditation scheme – Modeshift STARS
- Modeshift’s vision is for a society in which active and sustainable travel is the preferred mode of transportation, creating healthier spaces, healthier people and healthier communities.
- To offer services to workplaces, schools and higher education establishments to support sustainable travel delivery
- To celebrate and share best practice in the promotion of sustainable travel choices
- To support long term investment in sustainable travel nationally, regionally and locally
- To be recognised by practitioners as the leading sustainable travel membership organisation in the UK
THE MANAGEMENT BOARD
Modeshift is led by a Management Board of twelve voluntary members who are transport practitioners and leaders in the field of sustainable travel.
The Management Board includes a Chairperson, Vice-Chair, Treasurer, Comms Officer, Best Practice Officer and 7 Regional Representatives.