Modeshift has had an incredible year of success and growth with the expansion of the Modeshift Delivery Team, a move into programme delivery, greater levels of engagement with schools, businesses and other organisations, and unprecedented levels of accreditations across all our schemes.
We recognise the huge accomplishments achieved for both Modeshift and the Industry and would like to give special thanks to our dedicated members, supporters and partners, for their continuous commitment and creativity which undoubtedly has been a key factor in our progression.
Headlines for this year include:
- Record funding levels for Modeshift in 2022/23. We are thrilled to be working with Living Streets and The Bikeability Trust to deliver our national programmes.
- The Active Travel Ambassadors Programme is well underway and making excellent progress, you can follow our progress on our social channels.
- The National e-cycle Support Programme is being delivered in four locations throughout England by Cycling UK and we’re delighted to be working on the business engagement element.
- The 2021/22 accreditation year was a record year for approved STARS applications. 1,785 accreditation applications were approved between September 2021 and August 2022.
- During 2021/22, 11,825 separate ‘travel’ and ‘supporting’ initiatives were recorded by schools in the STARS system with over 1.75-million participants taking part in those initiatives.
- The Modeshift Annual Convention was our biggest to date with over 250 delegates. During the Convention, Modeshift Chair Ross Butcher talked about the importance of sharing best practice, he said:
‘Our job as Transport Experts is to inspire individuals to take up sustainable travel, the specialisms, knowledge and the expertise amongst our members puts us in a unique position and best placed to inform and educate others.’
We wish you a happy festive season and look forward to working with you all in 2023!