As a leading membership organisation for sustainable travel practitioners, Modeshift wish to recognise individuals for their contribution to our organistion and the wider field of sustainable travel.
A Member of Team Modeshift is essentially any individual who in some way may have an impact on how people choose to travel. The key is that we all work together to achieve our shared aims and objectives. The reason that this industry is such an exciting area to work in is that we can make a difference to so many key issues that the World faces today, be it tackling climate change, improving Air Quality, increasing levels of physical activity, improving road safety, reducing congestion, boosting health and well-being, providing equal opportunities, and many more.
As a direct result of the broad range of benefits listed above – Team Modeshift by default is a multi-disciplinary collective of passionate, motivated individuals who deeply care about making a difference. It doesn’t matter if your background is in public health, transport, road safety, environment, education, marketing, behaviour change – every single one of us can make a significant contribution to increasing levels of sustainable and active travel. Our combined expertise, experience and passion means that we can, and will achieve our aims if we work together.
Team Modeshift Honorary Membership is a lifetime title that is granted to individuals that have made an outstanding contribution to the development and expansion of the organisation, and/or the implementation of its aims and objectives. Their contributions locally, regionally and nationally over a significant period of time will have played some part in raising the profile of our shared objectives and ensured that the work of Modeshift is recognised by others outside of their respective organisation.
Each year, Modeshift will recognise a number of members that been involved in supporting and sharing best practice or volunteering for Modeshift and support our objectives;
- Increase levels of sustainable travel
- Support Modeshifts position as a centre of excellence for sustainable travel best practice
- Support the growth of our organisation – members, businesses, schools and communities
Members will be announced at our AGM and will receive a certificate and logo
Guidance for how to nominate a member will be shared later this summer
If you have any questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Honorary Members List
- Tyler Linton. London Borough of Hackney. Member since 2010
- Sarah McAlinden. Next PLC Member since 2015
- Paul McConnon. East Riding of Yorkshire Council. Member since 2007
- Martin Day, London Borough of Havering. Member since 2005
- Sarah Fay, PWLC Projects. Member since 2007
- Claire Fleming, Swindon Borough Council. Member since 2016
- Anne Hardy, Hertfordshire County Council. Member since 2014
- Helen Harris, Hampshire County Council. Member since 2004
- Carla Leowe, Westminster City Council. Member since 2008
- Michael Reardon, Derbyshire County Council. Member since 2006
- Jan Robinson, Cyclepods. Member since 2010
- Jennifer Wiles, Living Streets. Member since 2010