Modeshift STARS Events ‘Call for Contributions’ – Closing 20 October
2024 is shaping up to be a busy year for Team Modeshift. Our Modeshift TravelWise & STARS Business Conference and Modeshift STARS Education Conference & School awards will both be taking place at Hamilton House in London on Tuesday 19 and Wednesday 20 March 2024.
Keep a look out for more event details and how to book your place later in the Autumn.
We want to hear from YOU!
Do you have a scheme that you want to shout about? Is there an innovative, creative, and inclusive new project being delivered in your neck of the woods? If so, and you’re interested in contributing to either event, don’t delay – send your ideas to us by Friday 20 October.
Event 1: Modeshift TravelWise & STARS Business Conference
Tuesday 19 March
The theme is Travel Wiser: Effective behaviour change interventions in Workplace and Community Settings
We’re looking content that includes programmes, initiatives, and schemes that fit the theme of the conference, as well as the following session themes:
- STARS Business travel plans
- STARS Residential travel plans
- STARS Venues/Healthcare
- Further Education/Higher Education Travel Planning
Event 2 – Modeshift STARS Education Conference & School awards
Wednesday 20 March
Our awards events are always fantastic, fun and well received. This time, to mix things up a bit, we’ll be combining the awards with our brand-new Modeshift STARS Education conference. This is the first time that LAs from across the country will be able to attend the National STARS School Travel Awards. We want Team Modeshift to take as much away from our events as possible, so this is your opportunity to share examples of best practice, meet new people and hear from other inspirational contributors in the world of STARS.
We’re looking for content that includes programmes, initiatives, and schemes that fit the theme of the conference, as well as the following session themes:
- Successful School Travel/STARS Education programmes
- Strategies, quick wins and retaining schools
- Key stage focus
- Secondary (growing ATA)
- SEND (and general inclusivity)
- STARS momentum (in the LA and the school)
- Success/effective measures
If you’re interested in contributing to either event, please complete the following questions with as much detail as possible and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 20 October.
Please make it clear which event you are forwarding your contribution for.
- Which area do you feel your presentation best fits and why?
- Presentation title and synopsis – please provide a proposed title and short summary of what you plan to cover.
- How long you will need i.e., 10, 15, 20 mins
- Name of presenter(s) and organisation(s)
- How will you present your work (presentation, workshop, panel discussion, video etc)?
If you would like to discuss in more detail or have any questions, then please email us at email@example.com.