Over the past few weeks Modeshift have been presenting a range of speakers who will be presenting at the Annual Convention from leading organisations who are at the forefront of sustainable and active travel promotion.
This week we focus on Day two – Session 11 : The Big Panel
Our final session with industry experts. Hosted by Stephen Edwards, CEO of Living Streets.
Panel Members include: –
- Adam Tranter: West Midlands Cycling and Walking Commissioner, West Midlands Combined Authority and Founder & CEO Fusion Media.
- Dr Kay Inckle : Campaigns and Policy Manager, Wheels for Wellbeing.
- Simon O’Brien: Liverpool City Region Cycling and Walking Commissioner, Liverpool City Region.
- Jenny Box : Deputy Director, Cycling UK
- Phillip Darnton OBE: Chairman, Bicycle Association of Great Britain
- Claire Maltby: Director: England Midlands and East, Sustrans
Here are just some of the bios of our Panel Members: –
Name: Dr Kay Inckle
Organisation: Campaigns and Policy Manager, Wheels for Wellbeing
Dr Kay Inckle is Campaigns and Policy Manager for Wheels for Wellbeing, a Disabled people’s cycling organisation who campaign for and provide access to cycling through an ethos of mobility justice. Her background is in social science with research interests in intersectional and social justice aspects of mental health and disability. She has published widely in these fields including research with disabled cyclists (Inckle 2020; 2019). She is also a handcyclist, swimmer, Pilates instructor, writer, environmentalist and vegan.
Name: Phillip Darnton
Organisation: Chairman, Bicycle Association of Great Britain
Phillip is the Chairman of the Bicycle Association, the trade body which represents the U.K. Cycle Industry. He also chairs the Cycle Rail Working Group for the Department for Transport. He is the Patron of the Bikeability Trust, dedicated to giving every child access to a bike and the opportunity to learn to ride safely and well – and to enjoy this life skill. Phillip sits on the DfT’s Stakeholder Advisory Group and is chair of the stakeholders of the Solent Future Transport Zone. He is the non-executive chair of Brompton Solutions.