This year’s London Walking and Cycling Conference is taking place as a webinar series. Formerly the ‘Hackney Cycling Conference’, this event, which is organised in partnership with the City of London Corporation and sponsored by Steer, has become a fixture in the calendar of professionals, campaigners, and elected members eager to explore new ideas.
We are currently seeking papers with case studies, examples of best practise, or innovative research and analysis from around the world on the following:
2nd Webinar Theme – Walking and Cycling Whilst Black
Papers should ideally focus on both walking and cycling, although we will consider submissions that focus on either walking or cycling.
The webinar will be 1 hour in length. Each speaker will be given 10 minutes to present their paper and should be prepared to answer questions during the half hour Q&A session at the end (e.g. 3 presentations followed by questions directed at the 3 presenters).
How to submit:
Email: email@example.com with the subject line: ‘Call for papers LWCC’ by 11:59pm on 18 November, 2020, with the following information:
- The presenter’s name, position and organisation being represented (if applicable)
- Brief description of the topic that you would like to present on (200 word max.)
- Why do you think this contribution is important (200 word max.)
- Preferred presentation format(s) if applicable. For example: powerpoint, film, etc. Please note, regardless of presentation format, presentations must fit within the 10 minutes of allocated time.
- Applicant’s contact details: email address and phone number
Deadline for submissions is 11:59 PM on 18 November, 2020. Nominated speakers for the second webinar will be notified by 20 November, 2020. Please note that we will only contact those who are nominated to speak for events.
Please feel free to forward this information to anyone who you think may be interested in presenting. We particularly encourage speakers from ethnic minority backgrounds to submit papers.
Details of 2nd Webinar:
When: 26 November 2020 at 3pm (GMT+1)
A summary of previous year’s events can be found here: https://hackney.gov.uk/london-walking-cycling-conference
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to seeing you at the conference!