Cycleways and pathways in the UK have contributed towards £1.7 billion in local business benefits according to the Sustrans Paths for everyone: Three years on report.
The report also shows:
- 72% of users stated the Network is their best option for transport, with 95% of using it for exercise.
- The Network has seen greatly increased use by the public throughout the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Since 2019, approximately 121 million more trips were taken on the Network than the previous year.
- At the height of pandemic in 2020, the Network carried approximately 4.9 million users over 764.8 million trips.
- In 2020, 3,733 miles of dangerous or inaccessible parts of the Network were removed or reclassified to create a safer and better-quality network overall.
- 315 barriers were removed or redesigned to allow people using wheelchairs and buggies to access the Network.
To find out more and and read the full report visit Sustrans.