Vacancy – Sustainable Transport Engagement Manager
How you’ll make a difference
- You will deliver the Business and Community elements of the Capability Fund Programme and support the wider objectives of the Travel Plan Team and the Transport & Environmental Policy Team.
- You will help to raise the profile of cycling and walking within South Gloucestershire.
- You will engage with businesses and communities in South Gloucestershire to increase the use of walking and cycling infrastructure.
- You will help to ensure effective and timely project communications to range of both internal and external stakeholders.
- You will undertake monitoring and evaluation activities to assess the success of the Programme
What we need from you
- You’ll be primarily office based at South Gloucestershire’s Badminton Road office in Yate, although attendance at site meetings may be required. You may also be required to travel to meet with the public and to meetings with partners and stakeholders, occasionally within the West of England.
- You will be educated to degree level in a relevant subject or be able to demonstrate an equivalent level of knowledge and practical experience, backed by evidence of appropriate specialist knowledge in transport, planning or related field.
- You will demonstrate experience of delivering projects in the field of sustainable transport.
- You should be able to analyse, prioritise and organise workload to meet deadlines and demonstrate a good verbal and written communication skills.
- You shall have experience of budget management.
How a career at South Gloucestershire Council is different
- We invest in the careers of our people and we are recognised for the quality, breadth and depth of our training and development offer, which helps our people make the greatest long-term difference in their work.
- What’s special here is the strength of the team ethos, the support and the training.
- We recognise that our diverse team of skilled and dedicated people make us a great place to work. We welcome applications from everyone and ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and developed on the basis of their merits and abilities.Our teams at South Gloucestershire Council are making a real difference to the lives of people who live, work and learn here.
- We’re building and shaping communities which people are proud of.
- We’re planning for the future; building and improving the roads, railways, schools, green spaces, and houses.
- We’re providing essential services across our communities to ensure they are safe and well maintained.
We’ve achieved a great deal, but we need talented and dedicated people to ensure we continue to make a difference