About Love to Ride
Love to Ride is the online platform that gets more people riding bikes. We make it easy and fun to encourage our friends, colleagues and communities to ride.
We work with cities, companies and people all over the world to encourage more people to enjoy the benefits of riding a bike.
We believe that life is much better when we feel happy, healthy, energised and connected to the people and places around us. We believe riding a bike has so many benefits to us individually, to our communities and our world.
We know how good it feels to ride and we want more people to experience this feeling too.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager / UX Designer to join our team and lead the product development of the Love to Ride platform.
The role will encompass the strategic direction and day-to-day workflow management of the platforms and platform teams, as well as lead on UX design for both web and mobile apps. We want you to own the user experience of both products and make it easy, fun, and rewarding.
Objectives of the Role
The objectives and responsibilities of the role include:
- To develop, own and manage the product roadmap in consultation with the CEO and the rest of the team.
- To manage the work and priorities of the platform teams effectively and efficiently.
- To write detailed specifications for the features we want to build; develop wireframes and UX flows; and either do the mock-ups yourself or work with a UI designer on the mock-ups.
- To undertake research to understand what users and clients want from each platform, how they are currently using it, and how we can improve it.
- To manage and prioritize the backlog.
- To ensure a delightful user experience.
- To ensure the platform and new features are well tested against their specifications, as well as tested for usability and bugs, before they are signed off and pushed live.
- To receive bug reports from staff and users; replicate the issue, write detailed tickets for the dev team to use to debug, and report back to users and staff once the bug is fixed. Note that other staff will help with bug reports, but you will be responsible for prioritizing them and ensuring they get resolved.
- To have fun with us growing and scaling Love to Ride around the world.
- 2-6 years experience as a Product Manager.
- Experienced in developing great user experiences.
- Experience with UX research and design.
- Experience managing the priorities of a team of engineers.
- Experience in carrying out research to understand what users and customers want.
- Experience working with both web-based platforms and mobile apps preferable because we’re designing and building a brand new app in 2021.
- Highly proficient at using collaboration tools like Slack, Productboard and JIRA.
- Experience developing and managing processes for testing new features and code before it is deployed on production.
- Experience carrying out research to understand user/customer needs and wants.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as presentation skills to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Can work with multiple teams and coordinate different objectives to find the best way forward.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Some flexibility on working hours for the occasional meeting outside of normal working hours is appreciated as we have clients and colleagues around the world (0-2 meetings a week might be outside normal work hours).
- Open-minded, collaborative, and friendly
For the full listing visit